Consider running for office? Join women from across the country who are ready to show how Black women lead.
This fall, Higher Heights has partnered with Emily's List, Emerge America, VoteRunLead, and United States of Women for a series of informative in-person trainings that will provide you with the tools needed to prepare to run for elected office.
Higher Heights has partner with United State of Women’s Galvanize Program. Galvanize is a series of mini-summits in cities across the country aimed at arming passionate women with the resources they need to take strategic action and hold onto their share of the political power in their own communities.
You’ll spend half the program in skills-based breakouts tailored to your passions or career path:
- Running for Office (Led by VoteRunLead.org) – For those interested in running for local and state office, campaigning as a pro-women candidate, and building coalitions.
- Campaign Management (Led by Wellstone) – For those interested in leading political campaigns, especially at local and state levels.
- Grassroots Organizing (Led by Midwest Academy) – For those interested in leading issue-based targeted campaigns, identifying sources of power in order to create change, learning about recruitment, and organizing across constituencies.
- Leadership (Led by Bossed Up) – For those interested in learning strategies, skills, and confidence building in order to lead groups focusing on recruitment, public speaking, and team building.
- Entrepreneurship (Led by BRAVA Investments) – For those interested in starting a company, pitching your idea, seeking funding, and harnessing the entrepreneurial spirit for social good.
Galvanize Upcoming Dates:
Higher Heights has partnered with Emily’s List's Run to Win Training. Run to Win trains women interested in running for office from the ground up.
This half-day candidate training is for women thinking about running. These trainings will guide you through the basic nuts and bolts of planning a run for office: The questions to ask yourself, the things to start thinking about, and the steps you can take to get there.
Run to Win Upcoming Date
Dallas, TX: Saturday, December 9th