Higher Heights is building a national infrastructure to harness Black women’s political power and leadership potential. Headquartered in New York, Higher Heights for America and its sister organization Higher Heights Leadership Fund (a national 501(c)(4) and 501 (c)(3), respectively) is investing in a long-term strategy to analyze, expand and support a leadership pipeline for Black women at all levels and that strengthens their civic participation beyond just Election Day.
Higher Heights is embarking on an ambitious strategy to build the organization's base of support and elevate Black women’s voices to shape and advance progressive policies and politics through innovative programming. The Program Manager Intern will work with Higher Heights’ leadership to design and execute projects to strategize and support a rapidly growing national organization.
The Program Manager Intern will support efforts to ensure that project and initiatives are in full alignment with Higher Heights’ vision, mission and goals.
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Provide support with project meetings (schedule project meetings, assist with project documentation, document meeting minutes, and track project action/task items).
- Create and maintain files (online and paper copies).
- Draft internal correspondence.
- Perform general and/or clerical duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written skills
- Skilled in MS Office products.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
This unpaid internship is appropriate for academic credit. The ideal candidate is seeking opportunities to apply their skills to a work experience. Preferred majors include Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, Political Science, and Women’s Studies. Students of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF to Info@higherheightsforamerica.org.