Higher Heights is building a national infrastructure to harness Black women’s political power and leadership potential. Headquartered in New York, Higher Heights for America and its sister organization Higher Heights Leadership Fund (a national 501(c)(4) and 501 (c)(3), respectively) is investing in a long-term strategy to analyze, expand and support a leadership pipeline for Black women at all levels and that strengthens their civic participation beyond just Election Day.
Higher Heights is embarking on an ambitious strategy to build the organization's base of support and elevate Black women’s voices to shape and advance progressive policies and politics through innovative programming. The Membership Intern will work with Higher Heights’ leadership to design and execute projects to strategize and support a rapidly growing national organization. The Membership Intern will be involved in implementing new ways to grow the membership of Higher Heights while raising money through its website, monitoring and engaging constituents and members through a variety of fundraising platforms, and providing day-to-day support for the organization’s online campaigns. He/She will assist in the development of content across mediums and help manage the member and donor cultivation process from start to finish.
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Identify a variety of member and funding prospects (foundations, corporations, giving circles, etc.).
- Assist in the editing of proposals and grant reports.
- Assist in the drafting of minor proposals and grant reports.
- Assist in the maintenance of database records.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
This unpaid internship is appropriate for academic credit. The ideal candidate is seeking opportunities to apply their skills to a work experience. Preferred majors include Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, Women Studies, and Political Science. Students of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: Info@higherheightsforamerica.org.